Monday, May 17, 2010

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet




The top pictures are of Kate and me after the Carytown 10K yesterday morning. She’s just said to me, “Ew, you’re back is really sweaty.” Notice how her arms are in rocket ship position.

That’s right; we’re still standing (and smiling) after running 6.2 miles. The weather was gorgeous, the course was magnificent, and more than 1,500 people participated. What a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.

Plus, the race coordinators did a fantastic job. They posted the times almost instantly after we crossed the finish line. And when I checked my email yesterday afternoon, they had sent me a congratulatory letter including weather conditions for my personal running records (ha!), as well as where I stood in relation to everyone else, amongst only the women, and within my age group. How organized is that?!

The bottom picture is of the blister on my left foot. I am debating on whether to perform surgery on it. I think I’ll leave it alone for now and see what happens. Blisters are tricky.

4 comments:

  1. wooo hoooo a 10K! Are you in for the Virtual 5K? We need some VA representation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bullet traveling faster than 10 minutes per mile? (You're iiiiiiiiit!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dude. remember me? probably not. regardless, i am now a reader of your blog. i hope that doesn't make me some kind of weirdo. but if it does, so be it, i suppose. congrats on the 10k, the grueling yoga session that i would probably NEVER attend because i am a big baby, and the big move to richmond. later gator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do i remember you? Puh-leeease. You are not easily forgotten, m-m-m-melissa. Okay, so I will openly read yours now too. Deal? Deal.

    ReplyDelete