Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Not Facebook Official Yet...


...but I think I got a job. In fact, I think I got THE job! That is, working at the VCU School of Dentistry as a dental assistant. But then, who wouldn't want to hire this professional? She looks so trustworthy and ethical. Thank you, Liza, for my entire ensemble. You are the smartest dresser I know. I think it was Mark Twain who said, "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

If I understand correctly, I will have my own little operatory where fourth year dental students can treat patients in a simulated private practice. It will be an exercise in time management and the students' getting an overall idea of what it might be like when they have their own practice.

I'm stoked. It sounds like such an interesting job. Plus, technically, I will be a state employee, which my dad is thrilled about. He has always maintained that government jobs are the best based on the benefits (and perhaps job security?).

In other news...I have lots to post. I have neglected my blog and my many followers, but I do have several Richmondian events to report on. It may not happen this weekend, but it will happen. Teaser: one picture involves me holding up a piece of shrimp as if it were a mustache. Hilarious, no? I can think of few things funnier than a shrimp mustache.

2 comments:

  1. Clothes are important, but you would have been sensational in any attire, those VCU folks don't know how lucky they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it comes through, Mere -

    Lovin' the blog, btw ;-)

    Love you,

    Keats

    ReplyDelete