Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Incidentally, there is no picture to go with this post. I am slaving over three measly pages for my screenwriting course, which meets Thursday night. This is the fourth class in a six-week series and I am one of two people who have not yet submitted pages. I MUST have something for my classmates to tear apart with their vicious, judgmental teeth this week.

Actually, everyone is very nice and seems interested in contributing in a helpful way. It's just SO hard. It's way harder than I thought it would be. I know, I know...if it were easy, everyone would do it.

But here I am with a copy of M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs" in front of me, trying to fashion the first three pages of my floundering comedy into something other-worldly.

On the plus side, I suppose the difficulty means I'm learning something. And I'm enjoying it. Marginally.

2 comments:

  1. The fruits of your labor will be well worth the toil...just keep those future fruits in the back of your mind...relaxing on a white sand tropical island, your yacht sitting at anchor off shore, enjoying the cool breeze under your umbrella while a smaller one shades your beverage, steak and lobster sizzling on the grill...while critics clap wildly half-way around the world (in this world, your so big, you don't even go to your own premiers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Night never worked a VO like you do, kiddo. Can't wait to read more....
    Love,
    The Fountain Whisperer

    ReplyDelete