Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Have Dabber, Will Travel






I come all the way from Vero Beach, Florida - land of canasta, bridge, and bocce ball - and what do I do?

Play Bingo.

I would have felt marginally guilty about this lapse in coolness, but I must say it was quite entertaining. In fact, it was the very definition of good, clean fun.

We went on Quilt Bingo night. Meaning: the prize for each game was some sort of quilted throw or wall hanging or table runner. If that doesn't make you want to rush out to your neighborhood bingo hall, I don't know what will.

For twenty dollars at the door they gave us our game cards (I'm guessing we played about 20 games) and a nifty, hand-made, one-of-a-kind tissue holder (as seen above). You might say that everyone went home a winner. Plus, in between each game they auctioned off baked goods; there was a raffle for various donated items; and there was a silent auction going on throughout the night.

Proceeds went to Race for the Cure.

I may or may not have spent $25 on a box of home-made fudge. But how often do I get to eat fudge? And it was for a good cause. AND, I used the delicious treats as a friend-making device throughout the night. I was very popular. Apparently, there is a serious fudge deficit in Richmond.

I had fun out-bidding the lady at the next table. Although, I was jealous of the woman who went home with the cake shaped like a cartoon chicken. Now that's a fancy dessert!

2 comments:

  1. um, that is SO cute. i love the little quilted tissue thing. fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete