Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Exodus from Youth

Do you like my green cardigan?



You know how there are those ages that seem slightly more momentous (read: horrifying) than the ones before it or the ones to follow? Well, that's how turning 29 has felt to me.

I'm happy to report nothing has changed. I have no new aches or pains; I'm no wiser than I was at 28; I haven't begun wearing mom jeans; I am feeling a little puffy, but that may have more to do with the copious amounts of wine I've consumed in celebration of the grand occasion.

Last weekend my mom came to visit. Part of the beauty of moving to Virginia is that it's only a short five hour drive to mom's house. We had a blast - more wine, of course. Saturday we went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, which reopened in May upon completion of renovations. It was marvelous. We saw the Tiffany exhibit, which was exquisite - beautiful mosaics and leaded-glass windows. I wanted to tell the docents to just wrap everything up and put it in my car. No? But it's my birthday!

Next weekend I'm driving to mom's to attend a birthday party for one of her good friends. He turns 50 in November and has decided to celebrate the entire year. Now THAT'S what I call a party. You're my hero, Curt.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to celebrate 29 again next year!!!!! Now THAT is gonna be a rager.

    ReplyDelete