Saturday, April 9, 2011

Back in the Bladdle Again

If "blog" translates to "web log," then "bladdle" is a "web log saddle." Right?

I have been coerced into firing this thing up again, per my journalism writing professor's instruction. Last Wednesday's assignment was to create a blog and discuss our MASC 203 course.

So here I am - reviving the blog I abandoned months ago - a decrepit thing by now, with a musty odor and virtual rats and mold throughout. No need to take up more Internet space, I figured. Reduce, reuse, recycle. You're welcome, blogosphere.

As for the class, I have enjoyed our work so far. It's been nice oiling the old writing wheels again. School is pretty fun when it's not the only thing going on in your life. That said, it has been a little difficult juggling work, school, and a social life, but worth the effort.

While the broadcast journalism writing is a tad easier than print, I feel like I'm more suited for print. Perhaps once I get more acquainted with creating visual pieces, I will feel more at ease with that side of it.

I'm trying to decide what product or brand or sports team or band I want to focus on for my big PR project. It needs to be something I enjoy looking at and working with because I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time with this entity in the coming weeks.

I have considered using my favorite local band, my mother's web development company, or something generic like, the beach, or vegetables. I have this magnet on my refrigerator that says, "Try Organic Food...or as your grandparents called it, Food." I love that. That could definitely be fun.

Lots to consider.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see what you're going to pick for the project. Vegetables, awesome! But not great for interviews.

    ReplyDelete